The Hyzer Flip is awesome. It’s one of the most popular throws in all of disc golf and it has the potential to truly be a score changing shot if you use it in your game properly.
Since you’ve Googled “best hyzer flip discs” and found this post, you’ve probably already learned how to throw the Hyzer Flip. So I won’t bore you too much with what a Hyzer Flip is or how to throw a Hyzer Flip. You already know what it is and how to throw it. You just need the recommendations below. I gotchu.
However, if you did want to read more about the Hyzer Flip, what exactly it is, how to throw it, and more, check out my post, “How to Throw a Hyzer Flip in 3 Easy Steps: The Complete Guide.”
11 best hyzer flip discs
My #1 Pick – Latitude 64 Fuse – Midrange
2. Westside Discs Underworld- Control Driver
3. Discraft Hades – Distance Driver
4. Latitude 64 Pure – Putt and Approach
5. Discraft Buzzz SS – Midrange
6. Innova Leopard – Control Driver
7. Discraft Avenger SS – Distance Driver
8. Axiom Proxy – Putt and Approach
9. Innova Panther – Midrange
10. Infinite Discs Sphinx – Control Driver
11. Innova Tern – Distance Driver
Remember: 2 things you need in a good hyzer flip disc
As a reminder, here are the two things you need in a good Hyzer Flip disc.
- Understability: Having an understable disc is the key for throwing and perfecting the Hyzer Flip. To start, you’re looking for a disc with about a -2 or a -3 turn rating. The more turn, the quicker it will flip over. Also, the slower the disc, the less turn you need to make the Hyzer Flip happen. You’ll see that some of my Hyzer Flip mid-range recommendations only have a -1 turn rating, but that’s okay because they don’t need to be thrown very hard to perform. You also want a disc with minimal fade on the backend – no more than a 2 fade rating. The point of the Hyzer Flip is to hyzer the disc and have it flip up to flat for a long, straight flight. A little fade on the end is almost impossible but we want to limit it as much as possible.
- Glide: glide isn’t the most important thing in the world for Hyzer Flips but I do recommend having a high glide rating if you’re looking for a good Hyzer Flip disc. You want your disc to be somewhere between 4 and 6.
Okay, enough of that stuff. Let’s check out all of the discs! Here’s my list of the 11 best Hyzer Flip discs.
11 best hyzer flip discs
My #1 Pick – Latitude 64 Fuse – Midrange (5, 6, -1, 0)
The Fuse is one of the most popular Hyzer Flip discs in the #discgolfcommunity. If you go asking for a good Hyzer Flip disc, this disc and the Westside Discs Underworld will undoubtedly get recommended more than any other disc. But the Fuse is an amazing disc overall. Even though it only has a -1 turn rating, it doesn’t take much effort for the thrower to get this disc to turn over and it has no fade at all. That makes the Fuse a perfect tunnel shot or straight shot disc…because this disc will go dead straight with a perfect Hyzer Flip. The Fuse is hands down my #1 but #2 on this list is almost just as good. Grab your Fuse here on InfiniteDiscs.com.
2. Westside Discs Underworld- Control Driver (7, 6, -3, 1)
The Underworld is an amazing control driver and Hyzer Flip disc. I’d say that this is one of the more perfect Hyzer Flip discs, too, due to the flight ratings. It doesn’t take much power to get up to speed, has the ability to really glide, it will turn over fairly easily, and won’t give much fade on the backend. In my eyes, it’s one of the best discs for Hyzer Flips. That’s why it’s my #1 control driver for these throws. It’s just effortless. Grab an Underworld here on InfiniteDiscs.com.
3. Discraft Hades – Distance Driver (12, 6, -3, 2)
The Hades is one of the newest additions to the Paul McBeth lineup of Discraft discs…and it is a winner. I almost put the Discraft Avenger SS here but I’ve liked the Hades so far so the Avenger was the second distamce driver I put on this list. Speaking for just this post, the Hades is an awesome Hyzer Flip disc. It does require a bit of power to get up to speed but if you’ve got the arm it will turn over VERY nicely and will glide for a long time. BUT be prepared for a bit of ending fade. This disc will give you a nice long flight and won’t break until the last minute but that fade is a bit more than you would want for a tunnel or an extremely straight shot. This is a disc for wide open Hyzer Flips. Grab a Hades here on InfiniteDiscs.com.
4. Latitude 64 Pure – Putt and Approach (3, 3, -1, 1)
The Pure is an excellent stable to understable putt and approach disc that has the ability to excel at the Hyzer Flip. Even though it only has a -1 turn, similar to the Lat 64 Fuse above, discs that require much less power turn over much easier. That makes these discs pretty fun to throw. The Pure is a brilliant selection for a really tricky, short and narrow tunnel shot or something where you’ve got to “thread the needle,” with your disc. Honestly, I’d trust either Latitude 64 disc in that situation but the Pure is more of a finesse disc. While the Fuse is more of the tunnel shot disc (yes, you could argue that that is a finesse shot, too). Either way, get yourself a Pure here on InfiniteDiscs.com.
5. Discraft Buzzz SS – Midrange (5, 4, -2, 1)
I could’ve added the regular Buzzz to this list because it’s an awesome disc and you can get it to turn over pretty easily. But thankfully, Discraft made a disc that is just as good with juuuust a bit more turn. That brought the Buzzz SS to my attention. Now the Buzzz SS doesn’t have that much glide, but with ease of speed, a turn of -2, and a gentle fade on the end of 1, this mid-range is a perfect Hyzer Flip companion for your bag. Grab a Buzzz SS here on InfiniteDiscs.com.
6. Innova Leopard – Control Driver (6, 5, -2, 1)
I’ve been in love with the Leopard ever since I first started throwing it a few years ago. My love for it grew even more when I realized what a great Hyzer Flip disc this was AND how it got easier to complete those Hyzer Flips as my disc got beat in a little bit. If you’re looking to start throwing Hyzer Flips with drivers, this is the perfect disc to start with. Grab a Leopard here on InfiniteDiscs.com.
7. Discraft Avenger SS – Distance Driver (10, 5, -3, 1)
The Avenger SS is another great Hyzer Flip disc from Discraft. It could’ve been my #1 Hyzer Flip Distance Driver recommendation, and it has been in the past, but I’ve enjoyed the Hades so far. As for the Avenger SS, I think you’ll find that it’s just a bit easier to throw than the Hades. So this might be a nice disc to start out with and work your way up. It flips over very easily and holds your flight for a nice long glide toward the basket. I love that about the Avenger SS. Grab yours here on InfiniteDiscs.com.
8. Axiom Proxy – Putt and Approach (3, 3, -1, 0.5)
The Proxy is a fun, slightly understable putt and approach that can do well to improve your short range Hyzer Flip game. Similar to the Pure, the Proxy is a finesse disc that you’re going to use for really narrow tunnel shots and short range shots through impossible gaps. But if you can throw the Hyzer Flip, you can get this disc to hit those gaps and really help you stand out among the other players on the course. If that’s what you need, grab a Proxy here on InfiniteDiscs.com.
9. Innova Panther – Midrange (5, 4, -2, 1)
The Panther is a mid-range disc that I would compare very much so to a Buzzz. Only the Panther sports the same flight ratings as a Buzzz SS so it fits nicely on this list. It feels great, flies great, and can give you just enough turn to Hyzer Flip for you nicely. If you’re learning the Hyzer Flip, this could be a great starter disc for that. Grab a Panther here on InfiniteDiscs.com.
10. Infinite Discs Sphinx – Control Driver (9, 6, -3, 1)
The Sphinx is a really awesome, fairly understable control driver from Infinite Discs. This disc was built very well and has the ability to tackle Hyzer Flips with ease. Grab a Sphinx on their site here.
11. Innova Tern – Distance Driver (12, 6, -2, 2)
The Tern is another very highly recommended Hyzer Flip Distance Driver. This disc doesn’t have quite as much turn on it but it tends to follow a little bit straighter of a path than the Hades and the Avenger SS. Whether you pick this or the other two, you won’t be disappointed. Grab a Tern here on InfiniteDiscs.com.
How to Throw a Hyzer Flip in 3 Easy Steps: The Complete Guide
Don’t forget about the book!
Before you go, don’t forget to check out the best beginner disc golf book on the planet, “The Disc Golf Player’s Manual.” This ebook is packed with over 200+ pages of the best tips, tricks, and advice for new players